Web-based Lesson Plans
Have an idea for a lesson plan that you’d like to share? Click here to submit your plan.
High School Transportation Safety
Lessons, Activities, Interview Forms, Fact Sheets, Card games, Board Games, Discussions & Resources.
- Bicycle Safety: Awareness
- Who Rides a Bicycle
- A Safe Bicycle
- Dangers in the Road
- Bicycle Safety: Getting Around
- Crash Lesson A
- Traffic Signs & Signals
- Crash Lesson B
- Road Safety Board Game
- Traffic Safety: Share the Road
- Save the Drama – Wear a Seat Belt
- High School Heroes
- Supplemental Lessons: Effects of Alcohol Impaired Driving
- Effects of Drug Impaired Driving
- Distracted Driving
Drivers Education: Grade 10
Lessons, Activities, Benchmarks, Writing Exercises, Fact Sheets, Discussions & Resources.
- New Jersey Driver License
- New Jersey Driver Manual
- Driver and Passenger Safety
- Rules of the Road
- Passing, Yielding, Entering, Exiting Highways
- Special Conditions, Turning, Stopping, Parking
- Aggression, Distraction, Conditions, Collisions
- Driving Situations, Problems, Accidents, Action
- Alcohol and Driving
- Drugs and Driving
- Cell Phones and Driving
- Driver Privileges and Penalties
- Sharing the Road
- Vehicle Information
- Driver Information
- Traffic Signals and Road Markings
- Traffic Signs
- New Jersey Driver Test Review
- New Jersey Driver Test Administration
- Car Purchase Project
- Share the Keys
- Parent/teen safe driving orientation that is designed to reduce teen driver crash risks by increasing parental involvement. Approximately 90 minutes in length, the orientation is presented by facilitators in community based settings (i.e. schools, libraries) and can be linked to parking permit requirements, classroom driver education programs and back-to-school nights. The orientation is ideally suited for parents and their teens in the pre-permit or permit state of licensure (parents and their teens already holding a probationary license will also benefit)
- Program Description
- Provides an overview of the program and how to become a facilitator
- Program Manual
- Introduced in the orientation, this 24-page booklet presents research, helpful advice and contracts that support parental involvement and safe driving behaviors.
- Safe Driving
- Students study the potential dangers, risks and statistics associated with a variety of road safety issues.
- Safe Driving Solutions
- NY Times lesson plan. Students act as commissioners researching safety standards for vehicles and highways. They then draft recommendations to be included in a new highway safety bill.
- 70 Rules of Defensive Driving
- Expert Robert Schaller shares wisdom from teaching defensive driving. Each tip can be used to spark discussion in classroom.
- Staying Alive: The Physics, Mathematics, and Engineering of Safe Driving
- A Learning Module from the Sciences Education Foundation where students learn about movement, speed and braking distances, and the dangers of talking on a cell phone while driving, driving at night, and passing on a 2 lane road, and how much space to leave between cars on a freeway.
Teen Driving Facts: Facts and statistics about teen driving in an easy to read format.
Teen Driving Blogs
We’ve compiled a list of blogs on topics of teen driving safety that can be used to spark discussion in the classroom: